Riding the Bus
HARTransit drivers will escort a passenger from the common public entrance or door to the vehicle, and from the vehicle to the destination door. Assistance to the door is not provided to PCA’s or guests. Drivers cannot enter any building, garage, common area or vestibule or assist with any of your items until you have reached the outside access door. Driver assistance does not include lifting/pulling/carrying a passenger from their seat or home, holding them upright, or carrying a customer up or down stairs.
- Drivers are not allowed to lift or carry wheelchairs up or down any steps. Drivers may not tip or in any way lift a wheelchair. This is for your safety and the safety of the driver.
- Drivers may not operate or push a motorized device.
- Drivers must keep the vehicle in plain sight at all times.
- Drivers cannot push customers sitting on a rollator walker. The rollator walker is a walking aid only cannot be used as a transportation device.
Baggage & Groceries
The following are not permitted:
- Large items that restrict movement within the bus
- Items which are dangerous or offensive to other passengers
- Baggage that requires excessive time to load or unload
- Items that could not be controlled if the bus braked suddenly
Service Animals & Pets
Personal Care Attendants & Companions
View informative videos covering how to register, make redervations and ride.
Click below to see a printable detailed document on SweetHART Dial-a-Ride policies:
What is SweetHART Dial-a-Ride Service?> En español> Em português>
Click below to see a printable detailed document on SweetHART ADA Paratransit policies:
What is SweetHART ADA Paratransit Service?> En español> Em português>
WDAQ (98.3 FM)
or call the HARTransit office: 203.744.4070